Spencer Fluid Power
We’re invested in our community.
As a member of the local business community, we believe that it’s our job to support local organizations dedicated to helping those who are underprivileged. That’s why we sponsor the Millionaire Club Charity – dedicated to developing economic opportunities for displaced individuals to help build self-reliance. Recently, Millionaire Club program participants were an important part of helping physically move Kent Fluid Power and rearrange the additional inventory when this AFP® subsidiary was integrated into the Spencer Fluid Power facility in Kent, WA.
We support sustainable practices.
Sustainable practices starts with refurbishing and repair practices, reducing energy consumption, purchasing "green" office products, implementing recycling programs at all of our locations and reducing paper consumption with electronic invoicing for many of our customers.
- HVOF (High Velocity Oxy-Fuel) system -- processing to chrome cylinder rods – not only eliminates carcinogenic chromic acid solutions, it extends service life compared to standard chroming processes.
- Reduces corrosion/rust on the surface of the component
- Improves performance of cylindrical metal parts, dramatically lengthening component and seal life
- Increases impact resistance
- Eliminates carcinogenic chromic acid solutions during the process
- Retrofit lighting with more efficient bulbs and ballast reduces energy consumption that reveals a payback in as little as 1.6 years.
- Sxe/INFOR software reduces our consumption of paper. This software allows us to fax, e-mail and EDI orders, invoices and statements to customers and vendors.
- Local recycling programs at every location. In fact, the Spencer Fluid Power Ontario location was recognized by the City of Ontario for its recycling program.